няма събития, отговарящи на Вашата заявка!
The direct democracy as an alternative proposition
international | theory & praxis | review Tuesday, 01 November 2011, 16:36 by initiative for direct democracy
And there it goes the proposition of direct democracy.
We will try to organize the basic characteristics of the direct democracy in the following framework:
1. One basic element for the development of the direct democracy is to realize that it goes together with the political equality which means that the citizens participate equally in the dialogue and in the decisions. But this political equality cannot exist without social and economical equality (for example one boss cannot speak equally with one worker because of their different social and economical positions). So, direct democracy cannot exist in a state or in an authoritarian regime where from the start the economy, for example, is in the hands of few or where they exist competitive human relations like “your failure is my success”. We already know the paradoxical case of the so-called “direct-democratic state” in Switzerland .We also listen for referendums from time to time. But these examples are just very limited versions that presuppose again the governmental control and must not be mixed with the demand of direct-democracy. With the direct- democracy (political, economical and social equality), it stops existing the separation of the politics and the economy from the society. Actually it will not exist the term “politics” with the meaning that we give him today…In case that we use direct-democracy alone, without the upper analysis, it’s possible to produce totalitarian and authoritarian decisions.
2. Second characteristic is the rotation. In a direct democratic structure the participants who take responsibilities must be often revoked and the works must be rotated. With this way, are avoided the unofficial leaders, the bureaucracy and the disharmony between talking and acting. One example can be the direct-democracy in the working places, in the assemblies of the workers. In order all the workers to be able to participate really in the taking of decisions, it s necessary to have a comprehensive idea about how their business is working. If some workers are responsible to fix important data of the business and have access to them, probably they will have the comprehensive opinion of how it s working all the business. Therefore, they will have more information and they will create an informal managerial group. From the other hand, the rest of the workers who are doing physical and more simple works will not be able to judge and decide so well. For this reason direct democracy in the working place means no one to work only an unpleasant work or only a spiritual and useful one. It should be created by the workers a balanced and various program of responsibilities.
3. Connected with the previous characteristic is also the next one: the access to the knowledge and the information. The reasons are, obviously, the same with before. Citizens that have the right to decide and have control of their communities is necessary to inform and educate themselves freely. This will help them to make sure and collective steps and choices.
4. As fourth characteristic we can add the autonomy of the direct-democratic process. That means that the direct–democracy is not a regime which creates permanent institutions but a continuous process, a continuous possibility for the participators to build their own institutions and laws. The people, in this case, are free to discover new ways of creating and organizing their social life, of governing themselves. They experiment continuously the structures that they use and their flexibility so that they can change them when they need to. Therefore, we speak for a variety of versions that the social life can have, depending on the area, the special circumstances, the experience that they obtain and the new values and meanings that appear. As Zapatistas from Mexico say “let’s try it and we’ll see”.
5. In direct democracy they don’t exist formalized and institutionalized (формализирани и институционализирани) majorities and minorities. As we said earlier, there is a continuous process of creating our institutions. Therefore, the decisions can be taken with consensus, with unanimity (единодушие) or with majority according to the willing of the participators (so it doesn’t t exist one ready recipe that must be followed).
6. Also, we can say that the “direct” (or immediate) of the direct-democracy excludes the mediations (посредничество) between the society and the institutions. That’s why it’s working in a framework out of state mechanisms, parties, bureaucracy and everything that can be considered as mediator and intermediate. The representation (as we know it today) is, also, abolished not only because is a mediation in the way that we decide our affairs but also because the decisions must be carried out from everyone. So, we have 2 meanings of the word “direct”: the immediacy of taking decisions without representatives (the way) and the immediacy of making them happen without bureaucratic structures in the middle (the action).
7. Obviously, direct-democracy aims in the political justice and participation and cannot mean only that everyone is gathering in the assemblies and decides for everything. Therefore, the last important characteristic is the participation in the decisions according the degree that you are influenced by them. This is the only one criteria from which someone can understand the level of his participation in the decisions (for more see: Michael Albert on Parecon). Everyone that is influenced from the decisions must have the right to give them a shape. That, obviously, excludes all the kinds of discriminations which we grown up with, such as: Bulgarian or gypsy, indigenous or immigrant, homosexual or heterosexual, man or woman, fat or thin etc. The direct-democratic process requires personal and social conscious free from prejudices and stereotypes.
Saturday 20.12, 23:32
Министерството на финансите в "конфликт на интереси" спрямо БДЖ 12.12 23:39 0 comments
ПРЕДЛОЖЕНИЕ за организиране на частичен безтаксов градски транспорт в София 09.12 00:52 0 comments
Развенчаване на урановата митология 01.12 04:04 0 comments
"Словото на любовта срещу езика на омразата" 22.11 18:00 0 comments
Среща по проект за социално фермерство "ИНКЛУФАР" в София 17.11 17:44 0 comments
Георги Марков: към една археология на отсъстващото 17.11 17:23 0 comments
„Пчеларството в наши дни – нови предизвикателства и възможни решения” 08.11 04:35 0 comments
За Студентски град 07.11 02:36 0 comments
Гърция: Ученическите протести изостриха конфронтацията между правителството и опозицията 06.11 23:40 0 comments
Първите мейли изпратени от Сноудън с които представя „епохалния“ си теч на информация 03.11 01:13 2 comments
Амнезията и реконструкциите на историческата памет 24.10 02:22 0 comments
Възможно ли е да има щастлив живот без пари? 18.10 03:54 0 comments
Анти-анти-ТПТИ, или срещу "по-добрите" господари 17.10 18:04 0 comments
Balkan Express в София 09.10 23:32 0 comments
Криминализиране на екологичния активизъм в Европа 05.10 19:57 1 comments
Магистралите – черна дупка за парите на данъкоплатците 02.10 05:32 0 comments
Фестивал за Толерантност в Спорта 29.09 04:21 0 comments
Реч на Президента на Палестина пред Общото събрание на ООН 26 септ 2014 29.09 03:29 0 comments
Как една мултинационалка организира социалния дъмпинг в транспортния сектор 29.09 00:57 0 comments
Енергетиката в партийните програми: "Искате на топло? Копайте си го!" 28.09 23:31 0 commentsповече >>
Saturday 20.12, 23:32
Позиция на КНСБ относно заявената политика по минималната работна заплата за страната 14.12 03:23 0 comments
Психично болна ли е Европа? 13.12 00:28 0 comments
Бедността в България се дължи на чудовищно неравенство 01.12 03:48 0 comments
ЕКП: Инвестиционният план на Юнкер - новo начало или фалстарт? 25.11 03:03 1 comments
Лекция на Йелена Петрович: Жената днес 17.11 17:54 1 comments
САЩ: Пенсионери изплащат студентски кредити доживот 17.11 16:41 0 comments
ЕКП: Повече демокрация на работното място! 12.11 17:34 0 comments
Карантина 08.11 03:46 0 comments
Противогрипната ваксинация: когато рискът е по-голям от ползата 07.11 03:17 0 comments
На път ли е Гърция да стигне България? 06.11 21:09 0 commentsповече >>